Sunday 16 September 2012

In search of her- part 2


Next day I got up early and reached the area where her college was situated. I reached before the college started as I may get a chance to surf every passing girl to college. I stood next to the gate and was watching every girl passing by. In an odd 45 minutes almost 600 girls would have passed but I couldn’t find rika. I even got a doubt whether I am standing in the right college. I cross checked with her facebook profile once and it was right. Then how could I miss her? Has she entered before I came? But the security guard said none has entered the college. With the wish to see her I stepped inside the gate but the security guard didn’t allow me in as it was a ladies college.



As I didn’t have my breakfast the hunger was at its peak. My stomach felt as if someone poured a liter of hot water in it, I went to a nearby hotel and filled my stomach. Only thing running in my mind was I should see her. So I decided to go to the back side of the college and jump in. A messy land with some lows looked as if the construction works were stopped long back. I looked around the place to find anything that would help me to reach the wall. All I could find was log of woods. I collected every wood and kept at one place and tried to reach the wall but I was in need of some more support to reach it. I glanced throughout the land but I didn’t find any. I collected few bricks which was covered by grass and kept above the woods. It gave me a better height but still it was hard to climb though I struggled and got into. I stepped inside the college and found none was there. All the windows of the classroom was facing me so I bent down and started walking, Thank god the ground level classrooms were empty. I went ahead slowly and stealthily. At one part I had to climb the stair case to go to the first floor. I took a long breath and took the stair case casually. I walked in the corridor and looked into the class through the window but couldn’t find rika. With disappointment, I stood near the staff room. Suddenly a whistle sound blew in my ears. The security guard had seen me and came running near me. I started to get down the stairs quickly. When I reached the ground floor two security guards and a man with casuals were waiting for me. I looked around to find a place to escape but there was no way out. The guard to whom I spoke came and caught my hands. They then took me to a room and asked the guards to leave the place. They gave me a seat and a bottle of water. I took the seat and the man with casual started enquiring me. How did you get into the campus? Why are you here? Where are you from? I narrated how I entered. I came here to see my friend who is studying here and I showed him my college id card. I said him that “I wanted to surprise her and that’s why I came into the campus. Please sir, don’t tell her that I’m here.”

It is good that you have caught by me. Today the security head is on leave hence I’m enquiring you. If I was not here the scene would have been too worse for you. Did you notice a police station in 10 feet from the campus? You would have been there if you have got caught by him. I assure you I will not let you in trouble like that. I will just ask you few questions and all you have to do is to answer it honestly.

I agreed to him that I will answer him honestly.

“What is your friend’s name?” He asked.

“Rika 3yr B.A. Economics” I answered.

“Is there anything important you have to tell her?”

“Sir I came here to propose her. She has not seen me but I have seen here and I fell in love the moment I saw her. My days has never been good without chatting with her, without seeing her photo. Her face is the first thing I see every day when I get up and the last thing I see when I go to sleep. Even my phone has her wallpaper.” As I said I showed him my phone.

He saw my phone and looked at me “She is my student and she is on leave today. Does she know that you are in love with her?”

“No sir I have not said her and I thought I can say it here by today.”

“Try your luck next time somewhere else” he said and we exchanged our numbers. He warned me not to come here like this hereafter. He also said he will do the possible help he can. I don’t know why he said that. As soon as he said I bid him a bye and went out of the campus.

I took the Volvo bus and reached the hotel I had lodged in. After refreshing I went online to check for any notifications. I had a message from rika and it said “I have plans for today and I will be out to mantri mall.”

Mantri mall was near the place I’m in. she had sent me the message 40 minutes back and she must be there
now. I dressed up in a minute and went to the mall. It was a huge mall and it was impossible for me to spot anyone’s face. I walked slowly looking at every passing people’s face. I took a whole round of the ground floor, first floor, second and third floor but didn’t find anyone like her. None of their face resembled her. I didn’t leave my spirit though. I walked everywhere, I entered every shop, I peeped the food court, walked until my legs broke but I couldn’t spot her. I had walked a solid 6 hrs continuously and the only result was my clothes were wet as if I had drenched in rain.




No comments:

Post a Comment