Saturday 8 September 2012

In Search of her (part 1)


That day went mugging up the details in facebook. A few items were in addition but still I couldn’t find where she lives exactly. I kept stalking her profile and she had uploaded the same photo which she had in orkut. I wrote ”Thanks” in her wall and came offline.

Next day when I reached college there was an invitation put up on the notice board. “National level Cultural event at Reva Institute, Banglore.” As soon as my eyes found Banglore I know I would be there. I contacted the person in-charge for the event and registered myself. Then I got permission from the college. Till then I didn’t open my mouth about this to Sara or to my parents. Only fear I had was, if I say her I’m going to Banglore, Sara might be adamant to come with me. So I thought of saying some story to her and leave. If she comes the total drama would be cancelled.

I went to the class and sat next to Sara. I didn’t know how to initiate about my trip to her and I should lie to her without any flaws. I started “There is a house warming function of my relative at Banglore this Saturday. As mom and dad have some works on that day, they have asked me to attend the function. So I’m going leaving there on Thursday and I would return back on Sunday.” She looked deep into my eyes and as I finished, I turned around. “You really have to go there? Your eyes say you are not interested in going.” She said and I got hold of that to say some peppy dialogues. “Sara I really have no interest to go there leaving you and I won’t be able to take you also as it is my close relative’s function. I don’t know how I’m going to spend these three days without you. I won’t be able to text or call you even due to the roaming. I’m very worried.” She took my hand and said “Don’t worry Jay, you would be able to adjust. As your parents have works they have asked you to go. You will be safe and enjoy the trip. Call me when you are free I won’t mind if you don’t call too” as she finished she landed a kiss in my cheek. “Thanks Sara” I said.

As I returned home I said my mom the truth. “Mom I’m going to participate in some events that is going to be held at Reva institute banglore and I have said Sara that I’m leaving to some relatives house warming function to avoid her company. So you also maintain the same story to her.”

Mom didn’t regret and didn’t ask anything too. She came and helped me in packing my stuffs and gave money for the trip. I touched my parent’s feet and went to the bus stand to board the bus. Sara dropped me in the bus stand and I boarded the bus. When the bus started I bid her a bye and she had tears in her eyes and I had excitement in my eyes.

I got down in banglore at 5, early morning. It was very cold that my teeth started to tremble in cold and my hands froze. I didn’t take any sweat shirt or gloves with me. I had to get a room first. Some auto drivers in the area came and asked me where I have to go. I said them I need to go to a lodge near majestic and got into the auto. I entered the room, fell on the bed and covered myself with the blanket and slept for few minutes.

I woke up at eight and got fresh and left the room. On my way, I had my breakfast and went to Reva institute at hebbla. I have to plan the three days of my trip well. This trip is completely dedicated to search Rika. I have hoped that she may come to this event. If she fails I would have to go to her college and search her. I went inside the college and took a seat in the auditorium. The event started with the speech by some person, followed by the chief guest. I was not interested to listen to that and I was concerned in searching her, so I looked around the audience. As the crowd was huge I could not recognize anyone’s face properly. I was sitting in the back row and the stage was not visible properly so I managed to get a seat in one of the front rows and got settled myself. Everyone had come with gangs and only I have come alone. It was like a festival and every students were excited about it. Few minutes later the dance competition started and every audience shouted till their throat tore.

I looked at each girls coming in the stage and I prayed god that Rika should come to this event. Only then I remembered that she is now my friend in facebook. I took my mobile, logged into the facebook and typed a message to her. “Hey Rika I’m here in banglore for National level Cultural event at Reva institute. Is there any chance that you may come to this event?”

I started my searching again. No girl in the stage impressed me and none could stand near Rika too, She is so beautiful. Boredom started to rise and I came out of the auditorium to explore the college. I walked to every corner of the college, passed every class, entered cafeteria and roamed in the playground also. It was empty everywhere. Everyone was present in the auditorium. As I couldn’t find her I went to the auditorium and started watching the events. Some danced well, some sang well and few persons froze the audiences by doing mimicry like celebraties.


I logged in at 3 noon, Rika’s usual timing for online. She was not online but she had left a reply an hour ago. “Welcome to banglore! And I don’t have any interest in these events so I’m not attending it. Have fun bye.”

“I will be staying here for 2 more days and if you attend the events do inform me. I would like to meet you” I replied.


No comments:

Post a Comment