Sunday 23 September 2012

!n search of her - Final part


The long continuous walk for more than 6 hours resulted into a good sleep. It was then interrupted by my mom’s call who enquired my returning. That was when I remembered I have hardly 14 hrs to stay in banglore. I refreshed myself quickly and “I should find her today” is what I was saying throughout bath. I checked my mobile for new messages and found nothing. Then when I was about to call my dad I found Rika’s teacher mobile number that he had exchanged me yesterday when I got caught in the college.

“Hello sir good morning! I need to talk to you something important and urgent!” I sent him a text thinking that he might be in class and not to disturb him by calling. I waited for his reply for few minutes and he didn’t reply. I took my mobile and gave him a missed call just to make him have a look at his mobile. I got the reply immediately “I will call you in 10 minutes.” In the mean time I went online and was looking at Rika’s profile. Damn she was dead gorgeous. “I will find you surely before I leave this city today” said seeing her picture.
Her professor called, I hung it and made it a missed call. I called him back.

“Hello sir” I said.

“Hi Jay! Why didn’t you attend the call when I called you?” he asked.

“I need a small favour from you and hence I called you.”

“Come on I don’t believe in formalities. Anyway what’s up?”

“Nothing sir I just want to know whether Rika has come to college today or not.”

“I know you will call only for this and this will only be your urgent and important talk. I will text you after checking with her class.”

“No sir, I’m leaving home tonight and I wanted to see Rika before I leave. And can you please check and say me in which area she lives in?” I said fingers crossed.

“Now, You become my friend and I cannot say no. I will try my level best and get back to you Jay.” He said.

“Make it soon sir as I have hardly 13 hours left out.”I chuckled.

“I will do it quickly.”

I was ready on my shoes and waiting for his reply. As I signed in I was online in facebook. I was looking on the facebook chat every now and then for Rika. Meanwhile her professor sent me a text “Rika has availed leave today also. When enquired her friends they said her house is in rajiji nagar in the lane of universal school. Best of luck. Keep in touch.”

“You are so kind. Thank you sir.” I replied.

I locked my room and started walking out the hotel. I asked with the guard who was standing outside the hotel for the route to reach rajiji nagar. He said it is just 8 kms away from there and I have to take a left and walk straight till I reach a bridge. I walked as he said and reached rajiji nagar by enquiring few trespassers. I checked my mobile and she was not online too. I was standing in front of universal school and was thinking which lane to pass first. I walked through the lane, saw every house, waited under trees on every street for few minutes and looked, she was not there. I sent her a message stating “Hey where are you? I’m leaving today. Is there any chance we could meet before I leave?”

I walked along the street and she came online after a flat half an hour. She pinged me by asking where are you? Suddenly I was sweating, what should I say? Did she see me? if so where have she seen me? does she remember my face? What shall I reply? Numerous question arose but I lied her as “In my room why?”

“Ok. why do you want to meet? And this is what you are saying from the day you came to banglore”

“You are the only friend I know here and I’m free today. That’s the reason.”

“But I have works and hence I availed leave.”

“Yeah I know”

“What how do you know?”she asked.

I made my face a nasty look after seeing that. “If you were in college you wouldn’t have been online at this time” I said and managed.

“Whatever, frankly speaking I can’t meet you as I don’t know who you are. Sorry.”

“Yeah you are right, only if we meet now we would know each other. It’s your wish.”

My anger touched it peak and I started walking on the road without knowing where I was heading to. “Bye and have a safe journey.” She sent and I didn’t reply.

I dashed the cycles which was standing on my way and walked like a mad without caring what came in between my way. I walked for an hour and reached a main road. Suddenly I regained my conscious and was searching where I am? I looked here and there but I have never been to this place before. It was totally different. I opened my mobile and her profile made me frustrated. I walked again like a mad now in the main road. Something hit on my right leg, when I saw it was a pink scooty. A girl who had covered her total face with a white cloth and wore a very big coolers. “Can’t you drive your vehicle properly? Don’t you have eyes or where have you kept it?” I shouted at her. She slowly removed her coolers. I had seen that eyes. I had seen it somewhere. I had a strong feeling that I had lived with that eyes for decades. I kept starring at the eyes and she frowned. Then she made a whip sound with her fingers and pointed somewhere and signaled to come. When I saw it was café coffee day and ran there and looked for her. She was parking her scooty in the parking lot. She took out the white cloth with which she was covering her face. She unwrapped slowly and I had the feeling of unwrapping a gift. She then turned other side hiding her face from me and was talking to the girl who was sitting in pillion with her. She turned towards me. Gosh it was Rika! Alas I found her. I blushed as soon as I saw her. Are you a mad? She asked

“Yes I’m mad on you” I wanted to say but I didn’t. “why?” I asked her.

“You were walking like that. By the way I’m Rika.”She introduced herself.

“I know, I’m Jay.” I said and let out my hand but she didn’t revert back and she went into CCD.

She took a seat and her friend took a far seat from her. She had told her to take some other seat, cool.

“Why is your friend sitting there?” I asked.

“Thought you will be uncomfortable, if not I can call her.” she said quickly.

We ordered coffee and the waiter served us.

“No I’m comfortable with this. It is good to see that you recognize me?”

“I just thought of asking sorry and when I saw you, your face was quite familiar. Then, remembered seeing your face in Fb and it must only be you.”

“Nice” I said.

“So happy that we have met?” she asked.

“Yep very happy and thanks”

“Now tell me why did you want to meet me?”

“I was feeling lonely and you are the only person I know here.” I said.

“From next time bring your friends you will not feel lonely” she said.

“Why should I when I have a friend like you here?”

“Flirt, Every boys are same.” She said plain voice.

“I was just trying to blush you and I didn’t mean that.”

“Ok I have work and I’m leaving to purchase with her.”

I didn’t know what to talk so I said “Oh ok next time we can talk freely and more.” She paid the bill and we left. She got back with her makeover again and she bid bye when she left. I was feeling very happy which has no words to explain. It can just be expressed and I expressed it by hugging every lamp post I crossed. I lodged out of the hotel and got into the bus. The happiness still did not reduce from the time I met her. This was the day that I cherished the loveliest moment of my life.





3 comments: