Sunday 17 June 2012

The Heartless Disgusting World


Peace of my life was shattered down. Sara started annoying me every now and then. Every second she had something or the other to question. She never left me alone. I was totally upset of her behaviour. I shouted, scolded, even I slapped her, but nothing was of use. She didn’t change anything irrespective of what I do. She was following me every time everywhere. But I never stopped bunking the last class of the day though it was a very tough task. I had to make her busy in some way or the other to escape from her. In two days she found out and became alert. The most important thing is she went her home only at nights. She had breakfast, coffee and dinner with me at my home and lunch with me at college. She never allowed me to do anything of my own and of my wish. Only at night I was free without Sara to visit Rika’s profile. I was awake throughout the night to stalk Rika’s profile and updated all her updates. She had not added anything new and that left me quite sad. I wanted to know more about her and see her picture madly.

Sara made me disgusting when she started bunking the last hour and followed with me to my house. I was not able to see myself in those-ecstatic-moment of seeing Rika online. She entered into every corner of my life. I started hating her to the core.

On my way to home, bunking last hour, Sara followed me.

What the hell is your problem??? I shouted at her in the street.

You are my problem. She said.

What???

I’m afraid of your eerie behavior.

I’m normal.

No you are not. As I’m being with you, you are acting to be normal. Why don’t you say what is your problem? You are just hurting me. Just think how we were few days back and how we are now? Why have you changed so? Is that because I’m not in love with you or do you have any other problem. I want the reason to know. Now.

I don’t have any fucking problem. Yeah you are not in love with me and why the hell you are bugging me like this. Frankly, you are just disgusting me. I would be happy only when you are away from me.

When I was shouting, a strange sound hit our ears. The sound was like a crash of two vehicles. We both looked around to check whether everything is alright. Far from us people were moving to a particular place. We rushed to see what had happened. A bleeding man was lying in road with his bike few yards away from him. His eyes were searching for something. The vehicle which clashed with his vehicle, did not stop to check what happened and just went away. Peoples who surrounded him didn’t get near him. As soon as I saw that person I immediately went near him, lifted him and rested him on my lap. His body was full of blood with a hand broken. He was trying to say something but he couldn’t, maybe it was because of pain. I shouted to get some water and call ambulance. But none responded. A man from the crowd repeated whatever I repeated like “anyone please get some water”. My blood flushed anger out and shouted at him “why don’t you get jobless fucker?” Sara went to a nearby petty shop, bought a bottle of water and called ambulance. I gave him water and I heard he was saying ‘my daughter’ slowly in pain. Only then we came to know he had his daughter with him in his bike. I asked everyone to search for his daughter. Few people helped us in finding his daughter and rest watched this scene, where as Sara looked after him. We found a small girl, around 6 years old, in a scrap yard few feet away from her father. I took her out from that scrap and said “don’t worry baby you are alright.” She was not injured much with just few scratches in her soft knees. I thought her father would have saved her from heavier injury. I and Sara accompanied with them in ambulance and admitted them in hospital. His daughter after having first aid caught hold of Sara. We had informed their family and they came in few minutes. His daughter left Sara after seeing her mother. Doctor said nothing to worry and we visited the little girl’s father. He thanked us, his little daughter kissed us and we left.

When I came out of the room the only thing which was going in my mind was why no one helped when an accident had occurred? Do they think they would indulge in any police case? Or is that no one has sympathy on others? Or don’t they have helping tendency from birth? Will they act the same way if it happens to any of their family members? Don’t they know how it would have felt to the one who had an accident?  

If I were in that situation, will anyone have helped me? Or will everyone would we watching me dying? May be anyone would have helped like me? How would I have felt if none helped me? The driver who clashed with him should have helped him to taken him to the hospital but that driver didn’t have any responsibility and went away. Why the hell on this earth people exists like these morons?

I didn’t get any answer for their worst behavior. I just wanted to know why they behaved like that. At least some one could have got some water for them or called an ambulance. But everyone starred at them and waited for someone to help. Is it a sin to help people who are suffering in accident? If you don’t help then at least don’t irritate the people who helps. Try to understand the mentality of the people who had met with an accident. If not don’t be a burden to them. A single call to ambulance will save a life and that would take you to heaven. I cursed all those people who never helped until I reached home.

And I thanked Sara for accompanying me that day. If she had not irritated me at that time we would not have helped them and saved their life.

P.S. Don’t always be a selfish. We are not just living for us but for others too.

1 comment:

  1. nice piece of writing!! Keep it up!!
    I wish u best of luck...


    Vinit K. Bansal

    ReplyDelete