Saturday 9 June 2012

I am not a Stalker


A few days passed. Life had changed from that night. Using mobile became less. Hours of online in orkut increased. Sending unknown friend requests were stopped. Accepting any friend request were barred by me. Rika’s profile was bookmarked to my Mozilla and Whenever I open Mozilla it directly directs to Rika’s profile than my profile. I ignored everything happened in my profile but never ignored anything in her profile. I was up-to-date with her updates. Many days I slept without looking my profile but I never slept a single day without looking her profile. By this time my mind had memorized all her information right from her date of birth to her college name. I was so strong about her information that if anyone asks me in the middle of my sleep I would answer them correctly. Stalking her profile became my hobby, my habit, my entertainment etc. I read her profile a zillion times. I read all her scraps to check whether she replies everyone or ignores all the scraps. I could find she replies only for few. But I had a doubt that would she reply for stranger like me? Yet this question kept me away from sending a scrap or mail to her. On one weekend I found her online, but didn’t have courage to chat with her. The next day I found her online on the same time.


My mind stroke with a question “Is this her regular timing of using internet?”


To check this, next day I bunked my college and was online from morning. The time came, I was refreshing the page umpteenth time. A green light glowed near her name at 3.15 pm sharp. Wow! So this is the time she comes online. I was in an ecstatic mood as if she has accepted my love. I jumped, danced, shouted in excitement until my mom barked at me. I found her online timing and calculated with my college timing. If I bunk the last class I can see her online. Hence from the next day I bunked the last class, just to see her online.


Sara was puzzled at my behavior. I was not responding properly to her. We did not text like before. Good night and good morning text was harder for me to send. She called me many times but I kept the phone within two minutes every time. She was keep on annoying me with questions “why are you not talking with me?” like that etc. Next day I changed my place from her and sat alone. She was quizzed.
She came near me and asked can I talk with you for few minutes?


Yes you can, I said.


Did I commit any mistake? She asked.


No you didn’t, I answered.


Then why are you avoiding me?


Sorry. I’m not avoiding and why should I avoid?


You are not like before Jay. Something is wrong with you. I wonder what you have found in internet that you are online 24X7. Hope you are not addicted to anything in web. You get what I mean?


Yes I do get you. But nothing like that. I’m not addicted to anything and I’m just improving my knowledge(only god knows about whose knowledge I’m improving :p ).


You are doing that without any break huh? I know about you. You are up with something but you are not sharing it with me. Fine, share when you feel like. But I have another question why are you bunking all the last hours of the day? Tell if you wish to.


“I don’t like to attend the college itself” I said and turned around to avoid eye contact.


She was staring at me for few seconds and then she left to her desk.


Seeing Rika online became my duty. I thought she would itself ping me seeing me online. But that day didn’t come yet. So I was waiting for that day. And another thing I was eagerly waiting to see her picture. Without seeing her itself I had a strange feeling on her. I imagined her in my mind. Fair skin, cute big and bright eyes, rosy lips, cheeks with perfect flesh to make her face round, tiny nose, sharp and black eyebrows, fuzzy hair. I called my cousin and said there is a competition in my college. Come home you have to draw a drawing. He is a mad of drawing and he will do anything for drawing. I made him to draw and poured out all my imagination. He converted all my imagination to drawing and that sketch was like this.




P.S. If you visit a girls profile more than three times a day then I would say it is Love.

2 comments: